Saturday, July 13, 2013

My Heroes... John Morton...

Considering the low mortality rate for women surviving childbirth, I'm amazed at the number of Founding Fathers who lost their fathers at a young age.

Fascinating. I remember watching the movie 1776, and having a sense the story wasn't quite right. I hadn't realized they'd so maligned John Morton, though I shouldn't have been surprised.

John Morton was supportive of the Patriots from early on. His was the deciding vote, and he did not take it lightly, but his was not the vote of a man wishing anonymity, which was suggested in the movie.

Sadly, he also died at a relatively young age, only 54, with a large family. He was well loved, and his loss was felt greatly.

Note to self: Remember to do your own homework, especially when the little niggling in your soul whispers something isn't quite right.

The Unknown Soldiers blog, The Gentle SEAL:
http://www.unknownsoldiersblog.com/2013/07/the-gentle-seal.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...