Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Adding to REAL...

Kathy has started her own self love project. I've decided to join her.

Here's the start: http://www.adventuresofkat.com/the-interview/

My five words: Believer, Writer, Tenacious, Optimistic, Patient.

Can I use your first name or would you like to remain anonymous? Go ahead and use my first name.

Name: Judy

What do you consider self-love? Treating myself with kindness and respect.

Do you love yourself? No. Why or why not? I was taught I wasn't lovable. 

If yes, how do you maintain it when things go not as planned? What advice can you give to those of us that don’t feel successful at it?

If not, what do you think is holding you back? It really is all in my head. I was trained from an early age I was difficult and grew up with impossible expectations. Can you pinpoint a period of time when you did? Closest I came was with my dog and my horse. I now have good friends who assure me I'm lovable. What would help you in your journey to self-love? Haven't figured that one out yet.

What are your strengths? Never-say-die. No matter how depressed I am, I will not give up.

How much do you think playing on your strengths is to your self-love? It's my only hope.

When you die what do you want to be known for? Helping others overcome the stumbling blocks in their own lives...helping others learn they are lovable.

Is what you are doing in your life now helping or hurting that? Helping.

Where do you see yourself in 1 year? Another year old. 5 years? Closer to being independent . 10 years? Independent.

Any additional comments you want to share? Nope.


Next step: Stop stepping on the scale. Hmmm... am I really capable of doing that? Maybe I'll finish out this week of stepping on the scale, and start the new REAL week without the scale and see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I love this! Bring the scale of Friday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'd be in terrible trouble if I did that. It isn't mine. :-) I haven't stepped on it since last Thursday.

      Delete

Exactly