Thursday, October 25, 2012

Week Seventy of REAL...


Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 33 and working at slowing it down.

For a while, I'm going to try and keep track of my weight only when it goes down. It's too easy to start from the new higher weight.

The 19th: I'm doing some rethinking about REAL. I like the premise, but I need to make some changes.

The 20th: Physical therapy. Four-mile walk. Whoohoo!

The 21st: stressstressstressstressstressstressstress... you get the picture...

The 22nd: SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. Did not sleep well. Woke at 2am. It's going to be a long day.

The 23rd: Eating okay.

The 24th: SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

The 25th: I'm not going to pretend like this is going to be easy, not stepping on the scale that is. My mother used to weigh herself morning and evening and keep a record on the calendar in the kitchen. I was proud of myself for only stepping on the scale once a day. Nothing ventured; nothing gained. Here we  go: Measurements: Arms: 14 Bust: 44 Waist: 39 Hips: 51 Thighs: 30 Calves: 18. Weight: 235.4

From here on, no more scale. Keeping track of what I weigh by how my clothes fit. *snort*

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



2 comments:

Exactly