Thursday, February 7, 2013

Week Eight-Five of REAL...

Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:
http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps (SEALp) consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 35 and working at slowing it down.

PT ~ Physical therapy.
UB ~ Upper body exercises
BD ~ Belly dancing (my version of it, anyway)

February:

The 1st: PT 33. SEALp 33. 2-mile walk. SEALp 33. PT 33. UB. BD.

I'm not going to keep track of eating every day but will randomly choose days. Today is one.

Breakfast: Grapefruit. Cheeseburger, Schwan's quarter pounder I cook in a little coconut oil and butter, cheese, ketchup, pickles, and small white hamburger bun. Sweet potato fries. Cookies and milk. It was really yummy.

Lunch: Apple and peanut butter and Carnation Instant Breakfast, with a Dove Dark Chocolate Promise heart.

Dinner: Ham sandwich, popcorn, and 3 Dove Dark Chocolate Promise hearts.

The 2nd: 3-mile walk. PT. UB. BD. Up my reps to 50 today.

This is why:

http://military-fitness.military.com/2013/01/the-spartan-300-workout-and-new-variations.html?ESRC=sm_fit.nl

I can't do it all, but I can do more.

The 3rd: Rest.

The 4th: PT 50. SEALp 50. 2-mile walk. UB 50. BD.

The 5th: PT. Didn't use weights to give myself a break. BD.

The 6th: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 7st: PT. BD.

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly