Thursday, February 28, 2013

Week Eight-Eight of REAL...

REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:
RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps (SEALp) consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 50.

PT ~ Physical therapy using 2-lb weights M/W/F and 1-lb weight T/Th/S.
UB ~ Upper body exercises
BD ~ Belly dancing (my version of it, anyway)

The 22nd: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 23rd: 2-mile walk. PT. BD.

Breakfast: Cheese crisp on one of my sorry tortillas and a piece of chocolate.

Second Breakfast: Peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich and a cup of milk.

Lunch: Carnation Instant Breakfast.

Dinner: My pizza, vegetable juice, and 3 Dove Promises.

Snack: Small cup of Corn Chex (in place of popcorn) and 1 Dove Promise.

The 24th: Rest. Unexpected: Family popped in to visit. I usually munch my way through. Nervous habit. This time, instead of taking a handful of peanut butter filled pretzels and another handful and another handful, I filled a cup about three quarters of the way. Less than half way through the cup I decided I didn't want anymore. I put the rest in a plastic baggy for later. I didn't eat anything more. I was done. I can't remember ever doing that before and meaning it. I've cut myself off from food before, but it was always in a "virtuous" sort of way; see, aren't I being good? This time, I simply didn't want anymore. Go me.

The 25th: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 26th: PT. BD.

The 27th: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 28th: PT. BD. Well look at that. I've lost two inches. Whoohoo! Go me!

Previous Measurements: Arms: 14 Bust: 45 Waist: 40 Hips: 50 Thighs: 29 Calves: 18.
Today's Measurements: Arms: 14 Bust: 45 Waist: 39 Hips: 50 Thighs: 28 Calves: 18.

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...