Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A bit of clarification...

Margaret's reply to yesterday's post was helpful in focusing my struggle. I spent a lot of my life trying not to be noticed. A sense of if I hold still enough, the monster will pass me by and not see me, thereby leave me be, safe. I was going to say that the problem with that is that you miss out on life, but then I have to pull myself up short. Yes, sometimes I feel paralyzed, and yet I've traveled all over the country, lived on three different continents, enjoyed a variety of jobs, and have friends all over the world. That doesn't really sound like I'm missing out on life. Maybe, it's feeling like I'm missing out on the life I wanted to have instead of being grateful for the amazing life I do have. A matter of gratitude. So, Thank God for the wondrous life He has given me.

7 comments:

  1. Also, you can try choosing one thing that you feel like you are "missing out on" and do it. It can be something as simple as taking your nieces Zumba class. (hint...hint...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I sent you an invite via facebook. Also, I know your back sometimes doesn't cooperate so please listen to it during the class and feel free to modify anything you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kathy! Recognizing those limitations and understanding helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I like Kathy's advise about 'missing out on' something... a good thought.

    As you said, your life sounds like it was extremely fulfilling. It could be that the past seems so full compared to the present.

    Also - having a body that obeys commands helps a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right, Sharron, about the body obeying!! LOL! I'm looking forward to the Zumba class Kathy is teaching. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ZUMBA ~ I don't think I really know what I am getting myself into but just the word sounds fun. :) Looking forward to going with you.

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...