Friday, January 14, 2011

Why people lie... part 2

I read yesterday's post to my BFF, and she asked for a bit of clarification. So, here it is:

Fake it till you make it ~ This is a great idea, in theory. Unfortunately, people find themselves not making it, so they're always faking it. Yes, sometimes you need to simply put a smile on your face, and you feel better. There are also times when putting that smile on your face feels likes it's carved with a knife. With the way "put on a happy face" is drilled in, it would seem as if the world thinks that there's something wrong with having a bad day or being sad or feeling out of sorts. "The world" is the adversary's domain, not God's. Christ admitted to being weary and sad, so it must be all right... Christ is the great Exemplar. Shortest verse in the scriptures: "Jesus wept."

Runaway Bride ~ The Bride is finally exposed for not knowing who she is or what she wants, for losing herself in her effort to always conform to everyone else. It wasn't until she discovers herself that she's finally able to include someone else in her far richer world that also blesses others more fully.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks!! And I had posted just before this, to your part 1 about Why People Lie, talking about Jesus being tempted, before I read this, which is Part 2.

    It certainly is true that Jesus experienced sadness as well, so we don't have to fake a happy face all the time. The energy required for doing that is tremendous. I have lots of personal experience doing that. I only do it at work, not any more at home. Saves me from being as exhausted as I would have been.

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...