Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Endeavoring to live in faith...

It isn't easy. The new schedule worked out well, today, as I struggled with the small amount of work allotted me. A blessing. However, a small amount of work also means a small income. Fortunately, I've been working on living within my budget. A blessing. However, having a budget means planning ahead, and not knowing what even next week will bring makes that difficult. Again and again, I remind myself that God's way is the hard way. I constantly question myself, wondering if I'm putting in my best effort or simply falling into what's easiest. Sometimes, I wonder if I'm pro-active as I could be, or if I need to be still and see what God unveils. Choosing Christ, for me, was the only way, but choosing to live my life in Christ is definitely a trial as I work to overcome my less admirable traits and encourage my admirable ones. It is decidedly a growing experience.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry, Margaret!! I accidentally deleted your comment instead of publishing it!! And it's too wonderful not to share...

    Even though God's way is often the hard way, that doesn't mean it has to always be hard on you and hard going for you. What I mean by that is, don't worry too much about whether you are doing enough or putting in enough effort -- or that if you don't put in effort then things won't happen. It's not actually about effort, ever -- if it were, then we wouldn't need God! Yes, there needs to be some doing on our part, but the being still and keeping our heart reaching for and listening to God is really the best thing you can do. When you are still and waiting, you can hear God saying, "It's time for you to take an active role for a bit, here's what I have planned..." It's hard to find a balance between letting God take control and being active in working out our faith, but I think it's never wrong and much more quieting to the heart to not push too hard towards being proactive. That often ends up making us feel guilty and pressured when we needn't be!

    A verse for today -- Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

    A verse for the coming days -- Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ”

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Margaret! For the gentle reminder. It's exactly what I needed right now. You are such a wonderful example to me of someone who listens to and follows God's promptings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing the comment. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ruth. I know prayers help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah ha!

    I love the book, 'The Four Agreements.'

    One of them is - to accept that I am doing the best I can 'in the moment.'

    Which to me means - I am human. I have God and he loves me, but he knows I'm human. And so he loves me - just the way I am... And accepts me - just the way I am.

    Now - it's my duty to accept me - just the way I am and love me - just the way I am.

    And TRUST that he will gently help me grow...

    ReplyDelete

Exactly