Monday, November 21, 2011

Carpe diem... NASCAR...

NASCAR ~ Nationwide ~ For the record, Ricky Stenhouse Jr won the championship. In Saturday's race, Carl came in 3rd. Sprint Cup ~ Homestead ~ Last race of the season ~ Carl had the pole to start. In-car camera with Carl! Whoohoo! Tony Stewart won the race and the championship. Congratulations! And Carl came in second in the race and the championship. Well done!! Looking forward next Season, starting in February.

What will I accomplish, today? Hard to say. Family is visiting for the week, so the schedule has been turned topsy-turvy. I will read and work on some projects.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Carl. Sorry for the dry spell from now until February. Just think of the renovations being done to his car. :)
    I didn't even make it through 3 hours. Deepest sympathies for all week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweetie, didn't you notice I didn't make it through ten minutes. We need to talk before Saturday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Carl did as well as he did -- I was hoping he'd win, though! I read a bit about the race, and he said he did his very best, and that's all you can ask for.

    We're all breathing again after the Packers had a struggle yesterday; played their worst game ever this season and they still won. It was good for them, though, because I think it will power them up appropriately for Thursday. Running back Starks was injured, however, so he might be out for a bit. :-(

    Thinking of you and praying this week as you deal with family visits. I'll try to call if I get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ((Margaret)) I simply thought it a balance after they trounced the Vikings. :-) And yes, Carl did his best, and you can't ask for me. It made for an incredible race.

    ReplyDelete

Exactly