Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving...

Since tomorrow is REAL, I'm starting Thanksgiving a day early. Every Sunday, I have my list of the things for which I'm grateful.

This Thanksgiving will be unlike any I've ever known. I'm sharing it with a friend. I'm looking forward to lots of chatting and laughing. I don't care what we eat. I'm going to be allowed to be myself wholly and completely. That is truly something for which to be grateful.

Sometimes, when God closes a door, He opens a window. And sometimes He closes a window and opens double doors. But those double doors may look incredibly scary. That being said, the doors are wide enough for me to put my hand in God's and walk through with Him.

This was taken 15-20 years ago, and about 70-80 lb lighter. (Never noticed before that it's the weight of my dog.) My baby has been gone from this life for five years, and I still miss her desperately. I am so grateful God gave her to me for seventeen incredible years. I would never have made it through some of the insanity I did without her. Who would take care of her, if anything happened to me? She was my angel from God, my living reminder that He loves me and is aware of me. Thanks, God, for blessing me with such a precious angel child. They say that dogs and their owners look alike. I always wished I was as pretty as she was. She taught me to be enthusiastic about the little things, patient in the everyday annoyances, and love no matter what with all that you are. She also taught me to be aware that though some people look friendly, they aren't and to stay away. It just took me a little longer to figure that one out. In my prayers, from time to time, I ask God to throw a ball for her, or hide a treat, or give her a cuddle because He can do what I can't.


7 comments:

  1. ((Judy))

    Oh, this post makes me a bit sad, thinking about your pup in Heaven. She sounded like a great friend and a loyal companion. I'm sorry she's gone, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((Jonsi)) Yes, she was. And thank you, though it's far enough away that the scars are noticeable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep sadness. I am glad to that you had her for so long. Don't have a cute icon for tears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy
    I found you through Ruth. Just wanted to say what a lovely photo of you and your baby; you look so happy together and you are a lovely looking girl!

    Dogs are a loving loyal friend and a source of comfort when we are distressed. My little girl was a Staffie and she lived with me for 14 happy years so I can relate…you must miss her terribly. :’(

    What a wonderful tribute to your best friend. Those we love stay in our hearts forever !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, Molly. My sister is awesome. Thank you for the compliment. My baby was an Australian/Black Lab. Dogs are wonderful creatures. And she definitely grafted herself into my heart, from the moment I saw her. I'm grateful for having been blessed with her.

    ReplyDelete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...