Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Heroes... Veterans...

As I read about Andrew's recovery, I am inspired and impressed. I also know that he is one of many. I feel blessed to know him, if only second hand, so to speak. He and his family, from what I've read, are symbolic of the warrior spirit, and those who choose that path. I may be coming to it late in life, but I hope to learn from these awesome examples of courage and perseverance and strength against all odds.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America” for an amount of “up to and including my life.” ~Anonymous

I'm Proud To Be An American ~ American Soldier Tribute

Freedom isn't free. No freedom is free. God may give it freely, but then we are charged with nurturing and protecting it, for the adversary is bent on destroying it.

2 comments:

  1. Andrew and his family are truly awe-inspiring.

    It makes me understand, just a little, the depth of commitment given to us by all in service to others.

    God make us worthy of their sacrifice.

    Great posting, Judy!

    ReplyDelete

Exactly