Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Heroes... Diane Gaston...

Diane writes romance novels, amazing Regency romance novels. Here's her website: http://dianegaston.com Why I chose her this week, as opposed to some other week (she was going to end up here sooner or later) is because of her blog post.

I've known Diane for a few years now. My friend Mary, sent me one of Diane's books, The Mysterious Miss M, a Regency romance. It resonated with me. I then bought every book by Diane I could find. She is on my Must-Buy list. Diane is the first author I ever wrote, April 16, 2006. I wouldn't have done it, except that Mary assured me that authors loved to hear from readers. I didn't think she'd have time to bother with me. She answered, and we've kept in touch ever since.

Because of my experience with Diane, I've written several other authors. Most have written back. A few have not. I've met some amazing, generous, heartwarming women. Actually, I haven't actually met most of them. I have met a few, and I like them in person, too, though in person I feel a bit like a fan girl, and it feels really awkward. Not their fault, but mine. I'm learning to be more self-confident. Huge difference.

My favorite writers have characteristics in common, like honor, courage, hope, and love. They believe in good winning over evil, that it's important to keep trying, and that happily ever after is possible.

So, drop your favorite author an email, and let them know you appreciate them. Writers write for themselves, but if they didn't want to share their stories, they wouldn't bother with publishing.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Judy. Thanks so much!! Your friendship means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're most welcome, Diane. I'm grateful for the friendship we share.

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...