Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Diane Gaston review...

A Not So Respectable Gentleman? http://www.amazon.com/Not-Respectable-Gentleman-Harlequin-Historical/dp/0373297017/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1341876740&sr=8-3&keywords=diane+gaston

Love it!

The problem with all of Diane's books?

They're done too soon! I'm not ready to leave yet! I go so far as to break up the reading so it lasts longer.

Whenever I read one of Diane's books I always feel like part of the pleasure is a mini vacation to the Regency period. She's also famous for visiting the seamier side of the Regency. Though she has a Duke, an Earl, Lords, and a Baron her hero is the bastard son of the Duke's father which puts him in the pale. Regency romances often abound with wealth, but Diane's characters often are not. The heroine is being married off to a dirtbag because her father is a lousy gambler and a louse. A secret betrothal, betrayal, and desperation make for a page-turning read.

There is a love scene and lots of chemistry for those who worry about that.

When I started reading romances, again (I took several years off because I was tired of the formula and/or poor writing), Diane's The Mysterious Miss M was one of the first I read, and I was hooked. She's on my very short must-buy list.

2 comments:

  1. Judy, what a lovely review. I am so glad you liked the book! Thanks. You are one of my favorite readers!

    ReplyDelete

Exactly