Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Watching Extreme Weight Loss...

Wow... I don't usually like reality shows, but this one I'm enjoying. I'm picking up tips and trying to incorporate some of the things I'm learning from it.

What is my biggest obstacle?

Believing I'm safe. Believing I don't need to hide behind my weight. Believing I don't need to fill myself up with food to make up for the lack in my life. Believing I'm enough as I am.

Believing in me.

Believing I am worth taking care of.

Believing I am of worth.

I know it in my head, but every time I overeat I'm really saying there's something wrong with me.

7 comments:

  1. Hugs. You are worth it. You are not the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weight is so personal, and it is so obvious to the world. Other vices or faults are not as visible to the world as over weight. I'm in the process of losing, and I know I've worked very hard on it, and I've also not eaten the way some of my thinner friends/family have/do and they don't have weight issues. I just read a wonderful book that helped me understand just how to lose weight for me... I got my copy at the library~

    Why We Get Fat and what to do about it by Gary Taubes
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do know why I'm fat and why I continue to struggle. I lose weight easily when I feel safe.

      Delete
    2. Shoot, hit Publish instead of Preview. Thanks, Cathy! You are so right about it being personal. Go you!

      I'm so grateful for my counselors who have worked so hard to help me.

      Delete

Exactly