Saturday, July 7, 2012

My Heroes... the Founding Fathers...

What a remarkable group of men, along with the women who stood with them.

This year, every week, I'm going to study one of the founding fathers and share something I learn here on my Saturday Heroes. I'm looking forward to the adventure.

What I know, off the top of my head: The founding fathers were not seeking to go down in history as traitors or heroes. They wanted to create a better future. They didn't want to die for their cause; they wanted to live for it. They believed liberty was worth standing for and fighting for and sacrificing everything, if necessary, and they followed up their belief with action. They talked about it, planned for it, and did what they could to help their dream take shape, grow, and not simply survive but thrive.

It they could do what they did for a country, it must be within my power to do the same with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...