Thursday, July 26, 2012

Week Fifty-Seven of REAL...

Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S: http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 33 and working at slowing it down.

The 20th: weigh in: 235.8 lb. SEAL puppy rep. One-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

The 21st: weigh in: 238 lb. One-mile walk and physical therapy. Not actually surprised by the weight gain. Woke at 3 am the previous morning, so ate to stay awake, yesterday.

The 22nd: weigh in: Didn't do it.

The 23rd: weigh in: 240.2 lb. SEAL puppy rep. One-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. Well, shoot. I'm stressing about my book coming out. Yes, I'm sabotaging myself. If the book doesn't do well, then I can blame my fat. How ridiculous is that?

The 24th: weigh in: 239.4 lb. Physical therapy. No walk. Tummy is not happy. I haven't been eating well. However, I'm feeling calmer now, less frenetic.

The 25th: weigh in: 238.6 lb. SEAL puppy rep. 1-1/2 mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

The 26th: weigh in: 237 lb. Waist circumference: 39". Overslept, so I'm playing catchup the rest of the day. Migraine yesterday, and woke with a headache this morning. I think it's allergies. I've taken an allergy pill, and I seem to be doing a little better. I have to take care of me. I think I'm figuring out how.

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Good Friday

Jesus endured suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, an unjust trial, beating, flogging, a crown of thorns, a grueling walk carrying the cro...