Thursday, July 12, 2012

Week Fifty-Five of REAL...


Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S: http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 33 and working at slowing it down.


The 6th: weigh in: 237.8 lb. SEAL puppy rep. One-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. I slept 7 hours last night, no dreams. Good.

The 7th: weigh in: 237.8 lb. Three plus-mile walk and physical therapy.

The 8th: weigh in: 237.4 lb.

The 9th: weigh in: 238.8 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. Not doing well. I'm tired of fighting.

The 10th: weigh in: 238 lb. One-mile walk. Physical therapy.

The 11th: weigh in: 237 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. Blessedly, I woke up early, right before my alarm went off. The sun was rising, and the colors were beautiful. The sun wasn't above the horizon yet, and there was a pleasant breeze. I was less than five minutes from home when the sun peeked up out the east, and I was so glad to be almost home.

The 12th: weigh in: 238.8 lb. Waist circumference: 39". Physical therapy. Sigh. No walk, today. Yesterday, when I went for my walk I thought, "We need a frog stranglin' gully washer." Last night, we had a frog stranglin' gully washer. This means molds are growing wild, and I'm allergic.

This next week, I'm going to try some new things, like trying to eat slower and drink my water at more advantageous times (according to studies). We'll see how I do.

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



6 comments:

  1. Hi Judy,

    Can you expand on the drinking water at more advantageous times? I'd love to have go too. I'm not very good at remembering to drink water :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over at facebook they had a picture going around that suggested two cups of water first thing in the morning, rehydrating after sleep, then drinking a cup of water before each meal to help fill you up, and then I make sure I drink water whenever I feel hungry. I learned somewhere along the way that often when you're feeling hungry you're actually thirsty. I have to make sure I have 6-8 cups every day. I'm trying to eat something every 3 hours, but I have to be careful not to drink too much either. Yep, you can drink too much water, too. Have to maintain a healthy balance.

      Delete
    2. Thanks.That makes a lot of sense. I always feel very thirsty in the mornings. Having the water at set times would make it easier to remember. I'll give it a go. :)

      Delete
    3. After answering you, I decided to do a whole post on it. I'll publish it sometime during the next week. I take it for granted, but it's a good idea for me to do a review. Good luck! :)

      Delete
  2. Judy, Now who is this handsome man pictured with you here? ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Jimmy Thomas. He is gorgeous inside and out. Jimmy is the owner of Romance Novel Center, an online community for writers, book cover designers, editors, publishers, where anyone in the romance novel industry can connect. I know, I sound like a commercial for him. He's featured on over 3,000 romance novel covers, from sweet to steamy. He's a very nice man, respectful, and very professional. I have no trouble admitting I have a huge crush on him. :-)

      Delete

Exactly