Monday, February 27, 2012

Carpe diem... God bless the fallen...

I have a page dedicated to a list of those military personnel lost since October 2, 2011. Why did I start then? It's the day a young SEAL died, while Andrew lived. Andrew's battle to survive the loss of limbs and multiple other injuries inspired me to stop whining so much about my own physical drawbacks, and try harder to improve my health and pursue the path God has set before me.

Today, many are honoring the seven marines lost in the helicopter accident, last week, but we've lost others recently, as well. They all swore and oath: The wordings of the current oath of enlistment and oath for commissioned officers are as follows:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

This is an oath they understand may require of them the sacrifice of their life to fulfill, and too often doesn't appreciate what they do or why they do it, let alone the sacrifices they make.

Jesus Christ has died for my soul. The military offers to die for my freedom. May God bless them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...