Friday, February 17, 2012

Randomness...

I finally broke the 230 lb barrier! Whoohoo!! I'm amazed and delighted by the progress I'm making.

Yesterday, I wore my hair in a braid, wanting to try a new style. I remembered why I always put it back in a hair clip. I don't like it in my eyes!

Olive oil in my shampoo and conditioner has added an amazing softness to my hair.

I'm endeavoring to wear makeup on a regular basis. So far, I wear it until I'm home again, and then I wash it off. I like the Mary Kay powder foundation and the L'Oreal mascara. I also like a little spritz of Victoria's Secret Love Spell. It's one of the few fragrances I'm able to enjoy, without having some inconvenient allergic reaction.

Coconut oil has become my hand lotion, for now.

I'm feeling scattered. Checked the calender. Oh. Lucky me. I think I'll crawl into bed early, and not beat myself up over it.

Potatoes were on sale this week. A potato a day... Only so many are good for baking, so I'm soon going to need to start making mashed potatoes. I have a lovely potato ricer, so I'm actually looking forward to it.

FaceBook is being squirrelly, updating and rearranging things, so folks are having problems. Breathe in; breathe out. Thanks, Ruth, for teaching me how temperamental computers are, and to blame the computer before I blame myself. Instead of thinking it's me, I'm able to hunt for the causes outside myself, and share what I learn.

What's the real problem? I have to edit out some material I love, but it doesn't move the story along. Not a little bit, but almost an entire chapter. It's part of the story! Still, it doesn't move the story along. In fact, it slows the story down. I'm running the avoidance pattern. I don't want to cut, slice and dice, omit. The story will be better without it, overall. I've made it through the first two paragraphs... first three paragraphs.... first four paragraphs... if this is what it takes, I'll do whatever works. First six paragraphs. A whole section of the chapter is done, but I've hit a spot I need to cut, enough so it moves along, but not so much it requires the reader to do a quantum leap. Cut a lot. Done, for now. More later.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if it would be possible to cut what you need and then turn it into something else, like a wee short story just for you? That would make it hurt less to cut it out. In any case, stuff that gets cut for the sake of the larger story's benefit ought to have a special place of honor where it gets saved -- because it's good writing, even if it doesn't end up in the published work!

    I am going to WI for the weekend, where my scale is. I'm looking forward to seeing if I have lost some pounds -- I'm sure I have! :-) Good for you for reaching a goal and celebrating it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of publishing it as bonus material for my readers, after the story is published.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Good Friday

Jesus endured suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, an unjust trial, beating, flogging, a crown of thorns, a grueling walk carrying the cro...