Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week Thirty-Two of REAL...

The 27th: weigh in: 232.6 lb. Feeling a bit better, today. Thank you, God, for Gypsy Cold Care tea. I find it incredibly helpful.

The 28th: weigh in: 232.4 lb. One SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk or thereabouts, calling it an hour, total 60 minutes. Maybe less, but may be more. Two more SEAL puppy reps. Physical therapy, with weights. Okay, I finished reading about Hell Week, in The Warrior Elite by Dick Couch. The last week of First Phase in becoming a Navy SEAL. I am such a wimp. Having confessed the truth, I'm also headed toward a half decade of life. Then again, I would never have been able to do what they do. Ever. God bless 'em.

The 29th: weigh in: 232.6 lb.

The 30th: weigh in: 233.2 lb. Two SEAL puppy reps. Two-mile walk, 40 minutes, total 100 minutes. Two more SEAL puppy reps. Physical therapy, with weights.

The 31st: weigh in 232.2 lb. Mike, dad of the amazing Andrew, suggested only adding 10% each week to the reps. That's what his team does. I'm going to try. It doesn't feel nearly as daunting as trying to double my reps, as little as my reps are.

February

The 1st: weigh in: 233.2 lb. Two SEAL puppy reps. One-mile walk, 20 minutes, total of 120 minutes. Two more SEAL puppy reps. Physical therapy, with weights, adding 10%.

The 2nd: weigh in: 232.8 lb. Waist circumference: 39.5". Going back down. Did something somewhere causing some back pain. All it takes is favoring one side over the other. For example, I had stepped on something and hurt my foot. Nothing traumatic, but it was enough for me to favor, ever so slightly, one side over the other, and my back notices. Breathe in. Breathe out.

Whether or not the groundhog saw his shadow, in six weeks, it's going to be six weeks later. What will I accomplish in those six weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...