Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Healthy eating...

Wednesday: Overslept. Now, I can spend the rest of the day playing catch up, or I can decide right now the rest of the day will be better. I'm opting for the second.

Thursday: Started with a visit to my favorite eatery and a visit with one of my writing friends. A lovely way to start the day.

Friday: Another day of heat advisory. It wipes me out. I find it makes a difference if I stop between bites. It isn't easy, and I don't always remember. It doesn't help when I'm eating to stay awake. I woke at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep, but forced myself to stay in bed.

Saturday: I did okay, today. I'm making healthier choices. It helps having garden-fresh zucchini. I don't know why, but it does.

Sunday: I don't know what's up with sleeping 12 hours on Saturday nights, but this has been the second week I've done this. Eating okay.

Monday: Rough day. Did okay.

Tuesday: Woke up at 2am to the sound of thunder. Laid in bed for an hour and couldn't go back to sleep. Rolled out of bed. Tried a recipe by Kathy Altman for Pumpkin Coconut Muffins. Wow! Delicious. I had a tuna fish sandwich at 4am or 5am. Ate several muffins. Quality control, you know, is essential, particularly since I had to do a little adjusting with what I had on hand. Yummy! I did take a nap in the middle of the day, a much needed nap.

We've been under a heat advisory, so I've not done much outside. I've curtailed my regular walks. The temperature is supposed to drop the rest of the week.

Trying to walk with my head up and my shoulders back instead of rounded forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...