Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Reads for the week...

I haven't read Steampunk before, but this certainly has me curious.


I've read short stories by Stephanie Burkhart and enjoy them.

In fact, I recently read Feast of Candles, a short steamy story, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I've mentioned in an earlier post that I've also read her Polish Heart, which is a sweet romance, and I loved it, too.

June Foster's Give Us This Day is a Christian sweet romance. If you want prayer and scripture study and faith to be central in the story, this is a great choice. I have to admit that it made me step back and think about some of my own unhealthy habits, namely the eating problem I have. I've tried the turning it over to Jesus, and frankly, it didn't work because I'm still the one who has to make the decisions and follow through. However, it did remind me to include God in my efforts, and I needed the reminder. I'm looking forward to reading more of June's books.

Kate Altman is now on my must buy list. I just finished reading The Other Soldier and absolutely loved it. It's a Harlequin Super Romance and fits the genre perfectly. It's one of the best I've ever read. I loved the characters, primary and secondary. I wondered how in the world she could pull off the storyline, and she did it with delightful humor, fabulous word choices, some heart wrenching moments, and just enough time with the HEA to make the whole thing a very satisfying read. I couldn't put it down.

In case you haven't noticed, I have a pretty wide-ranging taste in books within the romance genres. So what am I looking for? Something that touches my heart, lifts my spirit, inspires me, leaves me feeling like I want to be better. I know there are those who wonder about some of my choices. They're my choices.

2 comments:

  1. My writing buddy is working on a Christian book. It's fantasy and it's fun.

    Keep up the good work, yourself, Judy. Can't wait to read more from you.

    ReplyDelete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...