Thursday, August 16, 2012

Week Sixty of REAL...

Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 33 and working at slowing it down.

The 10th: weigh in: 234.8 lb. SEAL puppy rep. One-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

The 11th: weigh in: 234.4 lb. Walk 2-1/2 miles and physical therapy.

The 12th: weigh in: 234.4 lb. Slept 12 hours. What is up with this?

The 13th: weigh in: 234.6 lb. SEAL puppy rep. 30-minute bike ride. SEAL puppy rep.

The 14th: weigh in: 233.6 lb. Too hot to walk. Didn't do my physical therapy either, but I did spend several hours cooking, which uses a lot of the same moves and actually more weight because I use stoneware and glass.

The 15th: weigh in: 234.2 lb. SEAL puppy rep. 40-minute stationary bike ride. SEAL puppy rep.

The 16th: weigh in: 235.6 lb. Waist circumference: 39". I really need to rethink some things. Yes, I know my little cooking binge has probably not helped...in the short term. Hmmm...long term, I know it makes a difference. It doesn't help my allergies aren't quite full blown. Not enough to push me to take an allergy pill, but enough to notice it's a problem. I think I'll go ahead and take the allergy pill today. Why do I hesitate? They dry me out. I live in a desert. I don't need any additional help. I'm not giving up on me.

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...