Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Heroes... Josiah Bartlett...

Dr. Josiah Barlett was one of the representatives for New Hampshire. In fact, when the states were called up to sign the Declaration of Independence, New Hampshire was called first, and Josiah Bartlett was the first of their group.

He didn't have the opportunity to attend college. It didn't stop him. At the age of 16, he began his pursuit to become a doctor. He studied books on his own, finally passing the required tests with high marks.

He served in his state government, the militia, and the Supreme Court. He was only 65 years old when he passed from this life.

I fear I'll not live my life as fully as he did, when all is said and done, but I'm working at changing. God gave us life and desires to give it more abundantly. Am I willing to claim that promise?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...