Saturday, August 11, 2012

My Heroes... B. J. Lossing...

Throughout the coming year, I'll be sharing what I'm learning about the Founding Fathers. Yes, I've already listed a couple of them. They're remarkable men.

I'm reading a book written by B.J. Lossing. It's "a reprint of an 1848 original." The title is Lives of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence.

It's easy to become lost in legalese and emotional rhetoric. I'm taking the opportunity to step back and learn about the men, and women, who instigated it, at least the major turning point of the 1700s. It's my starting point, anyway.

I'm looking forward to the journey.

According to BJ Lossing, not a single man who signed the Declaration of Independence turned away from it. They all held true to the end. I hope I will be so brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Good Friday

Jesus endured suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, an unjust trial, beating, flogging, a crown of thorns, a grueling walk carrying the cro...