Thursday, August 9, 2012

Week Fifty-Nine of REAL...

Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 33 and working at slowing it down.

The 3rd: weigh in: 235.2 lb. SEAL puppy rep. One-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. Again, though I didn't walk two miles, my goal was to see how fast I could walk it.

The 4th: weigh in: 236 lb. Two-mile walk and physical therapy. Rough day, yesterday.

The 5th: weigh in: 235.4 lb. Slept 12 hours. Whoa.

The 6th: weigh in: 234 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. Only 3 hours sleep. No surprise. I forced myself to say in bed until the alarm went off. Walked the 2 miles as fast as possible, aiming to be out of breath. Did good. :-) Not bad considering today I'm up almost 24 hours.

The 7th: weigh in: 235.4 lb. Physical therapy. It is miserably hot. Heat advisory. I don't handle it well. Wears me out.

The 8th: weigh in: 236.2 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Short walk. SEAL puppy rep. Overslept two hours. Not surprised, but a bit frustrated. Much too hot to walk once I woke and it wasn't even 7 a.m.

The 9th: weigh in: 235.4 lb. Waist circumference: 39". Physical therapy. Sleeping isn't great. Allergies are bothering me. Remembered to take an allergy pill this morning. We'll see how the next few days go.

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly