Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Distracted...

Not as much writing was done as I would have liked. My mind kept wandering. Trying to keep anything in my head for more than a couple minutes was a struggle. I'm terribly tired. I suspect it's a combination of things, including the coming of spring which means a change in the weather and the coming of allergy season. It didn't help to wake up with a rash on my hands. It's much better now.

Of course, there are also times when I'm simply like this. It's a bit maddening, but I'm learning to not beat myself up over it.

I must admit that part of the struggle is that I'm discovering how much I told the story instead of showing the story. My re-write it taking telling material and making it showing material. The hunt for the right words to paint a vivid picture is intensive. I want my stories to captivate and envelop. I want my readers to be there, in the story. I try to write what I love to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Good Friday

Jesus endured suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, an unjust trial, beating, flogging, a crown of thorns, a grueling walk carrying the cro...