Thursday, March 14, 2013

Week Ninety of REAL....

REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:
RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps (SEALp) consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 50.

PT ~ Physical therapy using 2-lb weights M/W/F and 1-lb weight T/Th/S.
UB ~ Upper body exercises
BD ~ Belly dancing (my version of it, anyway)

The 8th: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD. Rain, rain, rain. It used to keep me indoors, with a grumbled, "Shoot, can't go walking." Thanks to Joel Runyon, I looked at it and thought, "No lightning, and I have an umbrella. Boom! Winning!" Funnily enough, the rain petered out a little over a quarter of a mile from home. On the way home, I picked up pinecones shaken from trees in the "storm," removing them from becoming hazardous to bikers and other walkers. It was an Arizona 16" rain by then, which is a raindrop every 16". I popped all the pinecones into the umbrella. I didn't need it. It made a great makeshift basket. Two houses from home, I heard it coming. I could dump my pinecones or end up wet. Yep. I ended up wet. It was great!

The 9th: 2-mile walk. Carried a bag of wet pinecones for 1-1/2 miles. PT. BD.

The 10th: Rest.

The 11th: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 12th: PT. BD.

The 13th: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 14th: PT. BD.

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...