Thursday, March 28, 2013

Week Ninety-Two of REAL...

REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:
RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps (SEALp) consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 50.

PT ~ Physical therapy using 2-lb weights M/W/F and 1-lb weight T/Th/S.
UB ~ Upper body exercises
BD ~ Belly dancing (my version of it, anyway)

The 22nd: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 23rd: 2-1/2 mile walk. PT. BD.

The 24th: Rest. I took care of my sister's DH's dog for four days. I watched my diet like a hawk for three days and didn't do so well on the fourth. The diet I was thinking about following advised 3 days on and then off. Interesting. I wonder if I could simply try eating really super healthy for three days and then give myself a day or two off, not going hog wild, but allowing myself a little more flexibility. I've noticed eating out isn't much of a problem anymore. I make smarter choices, but the next day I'm right back to my healthy routine. 

The 25th: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 26th: PT. BD. I'm wearing a shirt that used to be too small. Whoohoo!!

The 27th: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD. I woke up at 3 a.m. BAH! I don't know what I did, but my left leg is not happy. Considering the fact I am able to sleep on my left side only, because of my back problems, sleep was out of the question. I did lay mostly quietly, with my eyes closed until 4:30 a.m. Up and going. Did not eat particularly well. Overtired.

The 28th: PT. BD. Slept better last night, thanks to my aromatherapy dog.

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



2 comments:

  1. Hi Judy, You just keep trying to improve your health and the efforts will eventually pay off! Right! That is what I keep telling myself, because it is a day to day struggle. Also, I'm telling myself how much fun this is, because what is the alternative but to lose more health, and not go forward positively.

    I'm sorry your leg and back are bothering you. I can sure understand those types of pains, besides over all body pain. So frustrating. I'll pray you can get some good sound sleep~!

    I am starting a juice fast only today. Have you ever done a juice fast/feast as some call it. I made a celery/apple/kale/cucumber juice for the day, and a cup and half of fresh squeezed orange juice. I am also drinking loads of water, and then sipping on the juice. I've watched loads of YouTubes on juicing and the values of it. The idea is that without the pulp your body can rest while getting all the vitamins and minerals out of the juices.

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cathy! Good to see you. I've looked into the juice fast and decided it wouldn't be healthy for me. I know it has worked for others. I've never liked drinking my meals. Ever. I don't know why. It might have something to do with some bad childhood memories. Probably.

      I have done an allergy-free diet, under my doctor's supervision. It didn't turn out the way he expected it. :-) He anticipated weight loss and was baffled when I gained weight.

      At the end of the month, I'll measure and compare to the end of last month.

      Overall, I actually do feel a lot better.

      I look forward to reading about your experiment with juicing. I hope it works well for you!

      Delete

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...