Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Greek, lemon chicken orzo soup experiment...

Several years ago, one of my dear friends introduced me to Greek Lemon Chicken Orzo soup. Yes, I know it has a proper name and I can barely say it let alone remember it. This way, there's no question what I mean.

Pampered Chef has their own variation using rice instead of orzo. Quick, easy, delicious.

What if I made another change? Made it easier and faster for me...

Enter:

Top Romen Noodles.

Really.

Boiled chicken broth instead of water and added the juice of one lemon, about 1/4 cup. Added the noodles. Nukes some frozen veggies. Opened a small can of chicken, serves two.

Did you know that a package of Top Romen Noodles is two servings not one?

Really.

Add the seasoning packet, veggies, and chicken and

Viola!

Maybe not GREEK, more like GEEK, but yummy nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...