Monday, June 13, 2011

Carpe diem... definitely...

Started the day with a two-mile walk. Go me! Read a couple more chapters of Bonhoeffer. Wow. Laundry. Had to be done. Yummy meals. Worked on The Project. Worked on the current WIP. Watched the debate; never done that before. A productive day, I think.

A good reminder to myself:

"We still cannot imagine that today God really doesn't want anything new for us, but simply to prove us in the old way. That is too petty, too monotonous, too undemanding for us. And we simply cannot be constant with the fact that God's cause is not always the successful one, that we really could be 'unsuccessful' : and yet be on the right road. But this is where we find out whether we have begun in faith or in a burst of enthusiasm." -Bonhoeffer

Happy 236th Birthday to the U.S. Army ~ thank you for your service!

4 comments:

  1. Very productive! Makes me want to go in the kitchen and pick up the dishes that have been sitting there in all their crustiness for two days!

    I like reading your "Carpe Diem" and "Thank Goodness it's Sunday" posts. Especially when you talk about food. Baking is a long-lost passion of mine (there's no time for it these days, with two little babes running/rolling around!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trained not to leave anything out, ever. Glad you like those weekly posts, so do I. My weekly reckoning. LOL! Babies grow up way too quickly. The cooking will always be there, but I'll try and include it a bit more. Cooking is one of my barometers as to how well I'm doing. The more the merrier. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Cooking acts as a stress-release. And it's fun to try out new recipes.

    Plus, I always feel such a great sense of accomplishment when I make something new and it turns out tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely. I really enjoy comparing!

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...