Sunday, June 12, 2011

Thank Goodness It's Sunday #56

~Thanks to TNT for broadcasting today's Pocono race, on NASCAR.com. Unfortunately, a valve in the engine of Carl's car broke. He finished the last four laps, but was out of the race for more than half of it. Fortunately, Carl is a good sport and thoughtful. He took that downtime to drop in at the broadcast booth. He talked about what it was like out on the track, and insights about why the teams were making some of the choices they were. It was fun. And Carl is still in the top spot in the Chase. Whoohoo!! Go Carl!

~I screwed my courage to the sticking place, and fulfilled a promise to myself. Unfortunately, it has made me edgy. Why? I realized that I may have made a tactical error. I can't change it, and I'm annoyed I didn't catch it before, while I could do something about it. Too late, now. I've been blessed with good friends who remind me that God is in control, not me.

~A blog I follow posted something that hit a lot of land mines - those things that lie there quietly, unnoticed, until someone steps on it and then you feel like you've blown up all over the place. A word or phrase triggers a memory, which brings about a reaction or an emotion that is completely over-the-top for the situation but understandable if you take into account the background information. Yea, it was like that. I'm still feeling rough around the edges.

~Garden-fresh zucchini. My dad planted it, for me. I didn't know until a couple days ago when he asked me if I was going to eat the one growing or not. It's lasting four meals, as a side dish. I love zucchini sauted in a bit of butter.

~Good books.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Sunday list. By the way you handled the blow up with amazing grace and wonderful comment. I am really proud of you.

    ReplyDelete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...