Monday, June 20, 2011

Carpe diem... surprise... a good one...

I woke feeling miserable, tired, and could not drag myself out of bed for my walk, or for much of anything else. I allowed myself to go back to sleep for several hours. It helped. I scrapped my plans to make cookies. It would require too much time on my feet. The laundry HAD to be done. Did it. Clean sheets are one of those little wonderful somethings. I discovered another author to go on my NO list. It started out fine, for the first chapter or two, and there were elements that I liked, but in the end, I skimmed the last half by reading only one or two sentences per page. I wondered if anyone had edited it. Set in present day, the dialogue frequently slipped into an older era. It was distracting. The plot was disappointingly predictable. It might have been better if it had been much shorter. I was going to say that I was spoiled by the depth and power of Bonhoeffer, but no, the other book was simply poorly written or poorly edited. I worried that I'd feel too awful to work on my own material. I was distracted most of the day with this and that. This evening, I buckled down and was surprised when I exceeded my goal in less than a couple of hours. So the day may have started out less than stellar, but ended fantastic. Thanks for the inspiration, God.

3 comments:

  1. Hurray for finishing strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buckling down -- that sounds like something I need to do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ((Ruth))

    ((Margaret)) Our never ending story... the life of a writer. ;-D

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...