Thursday, June 2, 2011

A better day...

Still a bit tired, but better than the last three days, so not complaining. :-) Grilled cheese sandwiches are even better on French bread. :-D I was struggling with a project, and today, I think, it came together. I'm waiting for feedback.

I enjoyed Lucy Monroe's short story in Bodyguards in Bed. Lucy's story had a great plot that worked well in the short story format. As always, her characters are smart, accept personal responsibility, and have healthy relationships where there are boundaries that are respected. The problems are worked out by actually talking to each other. The romance is multifaceted, ie, the characters are, of course, physically compatible but they also share interests while not needing to be exactly the same.

I'm not a particularly brave person. I was raised in fear by fear. I don't have much confidence in myself, and I know this is detrimental in more ways than I care to consider. That being said, I don't quit, and I don't give up. There will be those who will point out that I've given up on marriage. True. But it isn't a fair accusation. I recognize that marriage is not only about me. I wouldn't wish the mess that is me on anyone. And it isn't as if I haven't had the opportunity, more than once. Blessedly, I've been wise enough to recognize a mistake when I see it, before I make it. Each case was unhealthy, because I was unhealthy. I hope I'm at least brave enough to stand where God needs me to stand.

‎"First They Came for the Jews"
By Pastor Niemoller
First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

2 comments:

  1. Saying hello-- quickly. having severe internet (spelled: Brighthouse, a/k/a Dimhouse) and it goes OUT every few minutes. Problems for months, just horrible in last few weeks. Going back to Verizon Fios and very very sorry we ever left. They are a tad more expensive, but they never went out.

    Saying hello and sending love,
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK! ((Mary)) What a pain! My day suddenly became much better. Perspective has its uses. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...