Friday, September 16, 2011

Do you know what tomorrow is?

Neither did I, until a few days ago. It isn't on any of my calendars that supposedly mark American Holidays. I would say that it was because it isn't a bank holiday, but they have holidays for other countries marked... September 17th is Constitution Day. It's the document that starts: WE THE PEOPLE... Here's the link to Constitution Day. http://www.constitutionday.com/



I re-read the Constitution this summer. I've also read W. Cleon Skousen's The Five Thousand Year Leap and Thomas Paine's Common Sense. The first was an easy read, the second not so much. There's a bit of a language barrier, ie, 200 years of change in the American language. The Constitution is a remarkable piece of work that reveals the hearts and souls of our Founding Fathers, men who were willing to live and die for the right to be free. Men who understood that freedom wasn't free, but required great personal responsibility. Men who understood that true freedom wasn't anarchy but the rule of law. I'm grateful for the sacrifices they made, so that I might have the opportunity to live in this country.

On a lighter note: When I first became acquainted with computers -- back in the dark ages -- I can remember thinking this:

3 comments:

  1. I did not know this...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I better know before we go walking in the morning. :)

    Just to show that geeks have a sense of humor at one of the computer conferences they were handing out free 'any' keys that you could place on the keyboard to be used as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-D And I better go check your blog!

    Ooooo! I could have used me one of those!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...