Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Heroes... Lucy Monroe

Lucy Monroe is one of my favorite romance writers. It isn't reading for everyone, but she taught me a lot about the kind of person I want to be, when I learn to be healthy. Respect and honor are part of the make up of her leading characters. Her heroes and heroines are smart and accept personal responsibility. The conflict in her stories make sense, and aren't petty. The misunderstandings are believable and typical of those who simply haven't learned to communicate with each other, as opposed to other writers I've read where the characters are as dumb as a box of rocks and enjoy the conflict of tearing each other apart. Why anyone thinks ugly bickering is romantic, I will never know. Not that Lucy's characters don't argue; they do, but it's about things that matter, as opposed to disagreeing for the sake of confrontation. Lucy puts a lot of herself into her books, and they've touched my heart, helping me understand myself better. She keeps up a blog on her website and posts on her FB fan page, interacting with those of us who love her books. She has inspired me, in a lot of ways. God bless her.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to have a great example instead of a terrible warning. :)

    ReplyDelete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...