Thursday, September 29, 2011

Week Fourteen of REAL...

The 23rd: weigh in: 238.8 lb. Two SEAL puppy reps.

The 24th: weigh in: 239.6 lb. Two SEAL pup reps. Three-mile walk. Two SEAL puppy reps. Physical therapy, with 1-lb weights. I'm feeling a bit stressed, not sleeping particularly well. The weather is cooling, and though I love it, my allergies are a bit more pronounced. My voice comes and goes. My schedule has been disrupted a bit, and it's taking longer than I anticipated to settle it again.

The 25th: weigh in: 240 lb. *pfft* It could be discouraging, but I'm having trouble sleeping, and have been feeling pretty stressed, so I'm going to be nice to myself, and give myself credit for eating better and increasing my exercise. Squished (what a great word) another mosquito. Faster than the last one. Where are the miserable parasites coming from? I don't open my window. Yes, I keep water in my room for drinking, but I empty it every day, sometimes twice. Letting it go, as there's nothing more within my powers of influence. I should sleep better, as I used a bit of lavender oil. Side note: I'm back on lactose-free milk. I wonder if there will be a difference...

The 26th: weigh in: 240.2 lb. What-ev-er. Two SEAL puppy reps. One-mile walk. Alas, my back is screaming at me, this morning, even after my walk, which usually helps my back relax. If the pain doesn't subside soon, I'll take some ibuprofen. I want to see if some easy stretching will help, first. Pain medications are always a last resort. If I use them even two days in a row, I frequently end up with a rebound headache. Lucky me. :-) After a few hours, my back pain had eased, and I was able to do two more SEAL puppy reps and my physical therapy.

The 27th: weigh in 240.6 lb. Sigh.

The 28th: weigh in: 242 lb. Oh, dear. I've been stressed of late, and looking back I notice something missing. I am healthy. I don't need to hide. I am safe. Two SEAL puppy reps. One-mile walk. My back is bothering me a bit this morning. After a few hours, I felt good enough to do two more SEAL puppy reps.

The 29th: weigh in: 240.2 lb. Waist circumference: 40". Physical therapy. Hmmm... that's an interesting change in the weight, particularly since my eating is pretty much the same, every day. I mean THE SAME. What is different? I am healthy. I don't need to hide. And I'm settling into a more comfortable routine.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing AWESOME! This is so impressive. It's a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you ((Abby)) I'm not feeling very awesome. Bless you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete

Exactly