Saturday, September 17, 2011

My Heroes... Casting Crowns...

Music has always felt like an entity in and of itself. It influences how I feel. I use it to inspire me. My horse seemed to enjoy when I sang to him. And I used to leave the radio on for my dog whenever I went anywhere. I discovered I enjoyed coming home to the radio being on. When no one is here but me, I have K-LOVE playing. When I am listening to music I feel a sense of completeness, a sense of peace.

Mark Hall is the lead of Casting Crowns, a Christian Music group. Their music inspires me, and always fills me with a sense of being a little bit closer to God. On Monday, at the 5 September screening in Atlanta, Mark posted on FB the following link to a Red Carpet interview for Courageous, coming out September 30, 2011. Wow. Here's the link to the movie, specifically to the video section: http://courageousthemovie.com/videos

I've been listening to Casting Crowns for a few years now. My friend Margaret, introduced me to them, first, and I've loved their music ever since. I liked Casting Crowns on FB, and have enjoyed Mark's comments and thoughts. He even hosted a Scripture study for a while. They have influenced me for good and strengthened my faith. May God continue to bless them in their calling to share their musical gift.

4 comments:

  1. I listen to Pandora when I'm writing at my computer. I get all kinds of different song types there. I write battle scenes while listening to the Beatles, descriptive scenes while listening to Creedence Clearwater; and when writing angst, I go for Adele (she reminds me of Dusty Springfield). Music's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen to Pandora when I want to hear Celtic music. I've a whole station of it. I haven't had to write any battle scenes, yet, but I may be coming up on one in the WIP I recently started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Praise You in This Storm" is still one of my all-time favorite songs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ((Margaret)) Thank you so much for introducing me to them!

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...