Saturday, January 21, 2012

My Heroes... Survivors...

It seems to have been a difficult week for several of my blogging friends. I love the internet. It connects me to people all over the globe in ways I never imagined possible growing up. The problem with this is we're all so far apart! When one of us is having a particularly difficult time of it, the rest of us find ourselves unable to run over and give them a hug or take them to lunch or meet them at Starbucks or even help with the children or bring them a meal or do their dishes for them. We are limited to offering prayers on their behalf and posting encouragement and our concern for them. The amazing part? It helps. How awesome is that? Something so small and simple is able to bring about a smile and a sense of belonging. The incredibly amazing part? Survivors are taught they are alone and no one cares what happens to them. Despite the fact they are taught they are worthless and no one will believe them, they share their story anyway. It takes an astonishing amount of courage to fly in the face of all you've been told. Because survivors hope against all odds, they become blessings to other survivors. Awesome. My humble thanks to all the survivors who bless my life every single day.

"Dear God, Please bless my computer. All my friends live there."


7 comments:

  1. What a lovely post Judy, I Love it!!!

    There are good ships, and there are wood ships, the ships that sail the sea.

    But the best ships are friendships, and may they always be ~ Irish proverb

    All the best, Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to love the Irish! :-) Thank you, Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. This is a great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got that right. It is incredibly frustrating when a cyberspace friend is in need of a hug. I'm not used to friends that I can't touch. But I do, in anyway that I can. And I feel their hugs back again.

    Here's yours! xxxoooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Kiki))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Good Friday

Jesus endured suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, an unjust trial, beating, flogging, a crown of thorns, a grueling walk carrying the cro...