Monday, January 23, 2012

Carpe diem... wow....

Since I've become a football fan, this has been the best playoffs, ever. Both games were close. None of the wins came easy, including a tie! I hope the Super Bowl is as good.

Now, it's Monday, and time to start the week with plans to accomplish more than rolling out of bed.

~Laundry. Has to be done.

~Edit 6 chapters. Doing close editing now, word by word. Six chapters a day, should see it finished at the end of the week.

~I want to make pancakes.

~Tax stuff is gathered, but I need to fill out the forms I'll give my tax accountant. I want everything ready when my documentation arrives.

~I want to start the habit of wearing makeup, even if it's only lip gloss, every day. How I treat myself and present myself to myself matters. It reflects whether or not I consider myself worth the trouble, worthwhile, because I am.

~This month, I'm going to stop pretending I'm going to return to projects I started and stopped because I lost interest. I'm going to be kind to myself and allow myself the right to grow and change and let go of interests that no longer capture my attention, so I'm able to throw myself more wholeheartedly into interests that matter to me now. I'm not going to feel guilty for changing.

~Every day, I'm going to take one piece of paper from my pile of accumulated papers and file it, either in a folder/notebook or the trash.

I'm becoming the person I want to be. I'm not waiting for someday.

Update: Mostly done, and happy with what was accomplished.

4 comments:

  1. We found ourselves rooting for the Giants, even though they were the team that knocked the Packers out of the playoffs. Somehow it seems more worth it to lose if you lose to the guys who go to the Superbowl! We will also continue to support them, since we really are not fond of the Patriots. We'd rather see our trophy go to the Giants so we can get it back from them next year. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more waiting is a great theme for this year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...