Thursday, January 5, 2012

Week Twenty-Eight of REAL...

The 30th: weigh in: 237.4 lb. Not really surprised by that number. I tossed some of my non-healthy foods, yesterday, so today has no choice but to be healthier. I'm stepping back into my old routines for the day. Headache. Squirrel! Stuffy head, probably allergies. Wait, what? Keeping my mind on one thing for more than a minute... ooooo shiny. Yea. It feels like that.

The 31st: weigh in: 237 lb. Going down. One SEAL puppy rep. One-mile walk with my sister. It was slow, so about 45 minutes. One hour of yard work, trimming wild chilis out of the blackberries. One more SEAL puppy rep.

January 2012

The 1st: weigh in: 237.4 lb. No surprise after all the Pirate Booty I ate last night in a fit of nervousness. What I did toward meeting my new Christmas Gifts: I read the opening of Natural Beauty at Home by Janice Cox. I learned that those with oily skin need more water, whole those with dry skin need more oil. I'm using up my Burt's Bees products while I learn about products I could make at home. This is fun. Walked a half mile with the nieces. They walk fast. It's good for me. Ten minutes. Total 55 minutes.

The 2nd: weigh in: 236.2 lb. One SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk, 45 minutes, total 100 minutes. One more SEAL puppy rep. One hour of trimming blackberry bushes. Has to count for something. Took a half-mile walk in the evening. I used to love walking my dog in the evening. 15 minute for a total of 115 min.

The 3rd: weigh in 236 lb. One SEAL puppy rep. Half-mile walk, 15 minutes, total 130 min. And another half-mile walk in the evening, 15 minutes, total 145 minutes.

The 4th: weigh in: 236 lb. One SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk, 40 minutes, total 170 min. One more SEAL puppy rep.

The 5th: weigh in: 236.6 lb. Waist circumference: 40". Sigh. I stressed, last night, over formatting. It isn't my favorite thing to do, but necessary, I know. The frustration lay in the fact that I misread the directions and "corrected" punctuation that was already correct, and couldn't undo it. The new "correction" couldn't be found, until I figured out what I'd changed in my Find and Replace feature, and change it back... Okay, I'm also avoiding the truth: I have a dentist appointment this morning. I had horrible experiences with the dentist, as a child. It's a pity, really. My current dentist and hygienist are great, and do a good job. We've made the experience bearable, but the stress still inches up there. One-mile walk, at an easy pace, coupled with feeding bread to the ducks. Good times! 30 minutes for a total of 200 minutes. I survived another dentist visit. In truth, it isn't bad anymore. Crest Pro-Health has made my visits so much easier. What a blessing. Thanks to my hygienist for suggesting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REAL Apr 15-20

REAL -  R educe stress  E xercise  A dequate sleep  L ower caloric intake Trying to walk 1 mile 3x a week. Only made it twice this week. The...