Friday, June 29, 2012

Chamomile and lavender...

The 22nd...wow... I woke up and felt like my head was clearer. Is it really this simple?

The 23rd and I only had 3 hours sleep last night. I'm tired, and I know I'll need to take a nap later, but at least I feel like I have a brain... Is it feeling like I have a brain? Or is it a reduced anxiety level...

The 24th, and I had echinacea tea last night, since I'm short one for the chamomile/lavender. I'm feeling tired, today. I'm not surprised. I slept almost eight hours last night and woke up to weird dreams. I did meet the deadline, but it wasn't easy. Giving myself the day off, today, sort of. :-D

The 25th, and back on the chamomile and lavender. No dreams like the night before. I'm having a difficult time believing this little bit makes such a huge difference. Making it through the day, with my head clearer than I'm accustomed to...really. A little scary, when I think about it.

The 26th, and the weight is going up. NO! However, my sleep is good, but not enough. The deadline is this Saturday night. I'll sleep then...no, that isn't an answer. I have to figure out something else.

The 27th, and again last night I planned to go to bed earlier than midnight. It didn't happen, but I did make it by midnight. I woke up okay. I'm feeling stressed. Time to talk to someone about one of the things bothering me.

The 28th, and I woke a little fuzzy, but my head is a little stuffy. Even so, I managed to finish my scheduled work. I'm madly editing: finding words I use too often, cleaning things up.

I prefer life with chamomile and lavender tea. Definite addition to my daily routine.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reporting on the tea experiment. As I was reading this I remembered that a friend of ours years ago was about to have a baby, this baby was moving a lot in the womb, she was in a shop and smelled some lavender oil and the baby stopped moving, so, yes, we mustn't underestimate the power of lavender. I must see if I can get it over here or maybe I could cut some of the shrub in our front garden. Good to hear your editing is going well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a lovely lavender bush, but it died last year. I would cut the flowers and dry them. A little bit in my pancake mix made breakfast extra special.

    Thank you, Kara!

    ReplyDelete

Exactly