Thursday, June 28, 2012

Week Fifty-Three of REAL...

Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S: http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

Important note: SEAL Lt. Michael P. Murphy was killed seven years ago, today, in Operation Red Wings. May God bless those who serve and their families. Never forget.

The 22nd: weigh in: 234.6 lb. Wait...what? What is going on? I haven't felt safe this past week. Does it really make that big a difference? Apparently. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

The 23rd: weigh in: 234.4 lb. Three hours sleep last night, not because I couldn't sleep. Deadline is today. I can sleep next week, after the second deadline is met. Two-mile walk and physical therapy.

The 24th: weigh in: 235 lb. Grrrrr...okay, being nice to myself. I hit the deadline, last night. I'm stressed. I have another deadline at the end of the week. First time for everything, and it always stresses me. I'll do better with practice. Having slept only 3 hours the night before last didn't help either. I slept 8 hours last night, but they were exactly a restful 8.

The 25th: weigh in: 235.2 lb. BAH! I've been feeling under attack, clearly. I hope this week is better. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

The 26th: weigh in: 236.4 lb. Double BAH! I'm still in battle mode. How do I get out of this? One-mile walk. Physical therapy.

The 27th: weigh in: 237.2 lb. I want to sit down and cry, but that won't help. I know this is directly related to me feeling my boundaries have been trashed. I'm trying to re-establish them. They will come back healthier. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. Eating better, today, and shifting the way I think about some things.

The 28th: weigh in: 236.8 lb. Waist circumference: 39". Better. One-mile walk. Physical therapy. I'm feeling better on every level.

Inspiration, at least to me:




4 comments:

  1. It's discouraging when a time when you feel under attack affects so many areas of your life -- especially this one! Just keep on being consistent and reminding yourself that the numbers that define you are the ones that pay testimony to your fortitude and your discipline (miles walked, number of reps) and not the numbers on that pesky scale. Those numbers will succumb to determination and discipline eventually. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ((Margaret)) I so appreciate how you always give me the encouragement I need!

      Delete
  2. My son is in Special Forces~ We need to continually pray for them~

    I'm in a weight loss struggle too! Keep up the effort! I have struggle for the last 6 months with 10 pounds...up and down..but have lost over 50 pounds all together. Onward we go! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thanks to your son for serving, Cathy. May God bless him and you and your family. You're in my prayers every day.

      Frustrating how 10 pounds can hang on, isn't it? Congratulations on losing over 50 pounds! THat is awesome! Someday, I'm going to be able to say that!

      Delete

Exactly