Thursday, June 7, 2012

Week Fifty of REAL...


Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:
http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. This week, I try to increase my reps. I've worked up to 30, like last week, but slowing it down.

June

The 1st: weigh in: 231.4 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. What is the significance of the following picture? Aside from being with the harem and my sheik?

Look at where I am.

A similar picture was tried back at the Chocolate Affair, in February.

I couldn't kneel down by myself, and I definitely couldn't make it back up by myself.

In this picture, I made it down myself and up again. Myself.

Do you know how long it's been?

Hint: I herniated a disk in my back in 2004.

Thank you, God for my REAL program that is working for me.



The 2nd: weigh in: Didn't happen. I packed my weights to Arizona Dreamin', so I did my physical therapy. Go me! I didn't realize how bad the dehydration was. I'll be more careful next year. I also tried to be careful about food choices.

The 3rd: weigh in: Again, didn't happen. Laughed, a lot.

The 4th: weigh in: 231 lb. Not bad. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. Still have a bit of a headache, but it's improving.

The 5th: weigh in: 230.8 lb. Physical therapy with 2-lb weights. Amazing what five hours of sleep in a cold room will do for me. That and moving past that time of the month. :-P One-mile walk alone, and then a two-mile walk with my sister. I'm definitely feeling better than I have in a long time.

The 6th: weigh in: 230.6 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

The 7th: weigh in: 231.2 lb. Waist circumference: 39". One-mile walk. Physical therapy.

Inspiration, at least to me:


4 comments:

Exactly