Friday, June 15, 2012

Chamomile and lavender tea...

One of my blogging friends mentioned the benefits of blue chamomile for those of us who have trouble sleeping. I had chamomile and lavender tea sitting in my cupboard. It isn't exactly what was suggested, but I thought, "What's the harm?"

Friday the 8th, I woke up feeling all right, and had slept over five hours without waking. Not bad.

Saturday the 9th, I woke feeling pretty good, and had slept five hours without waking. Interesting.

Sunday the 10th, I slept 10 hours, though I woke after 5-1/2. However, it's important to note I was able to go back to bed and back to sleep. Most important: No nightmares. No dreams.

Monday the 11th. I was in bed by midnight last night, though I'd only been awake for just over 12 hours. I was able to go to sleep with relative easy, and woke up without too much difficulty.

Tuesday the 12th, and I was in bed by eleven last night. I woke just before five, without my alarm clock. The important thing is that I woke up feeling rested. I'm not quite sure what to think of all this. I find myself slowing down in the afternoon, yawning, having trouble focusing, slipping into the sense of not being able to stay awake, so took an hour nap.

Wednesday the 13th, and I'm feeling a bit tired. I slept over six hours last night, but woke to dreams. At least they weren't nightmares. Funnily enough, I was simply dreaming of the harem's pictures from Arizona Dreamin'. I'm praying I don't come down with the cold one of my roommates shared. So far so good. I did take an allergy pill this morning, and that seems to have helped with my breathing a bit.

Thursday the 14th, I was in bed by 11pm. I woke at 2am. Shoot. What was different? I went right back to sleep. Cool. Feeling a little rough around the edges, and yet more alert than I have in I don't know how long. I was able to complete my transcribing work and my editing. There wasn't any time for a nap, but I did close my eyes for a bit twice.

So far so good.

Next, I'm trying Chamomile and vanilla to see if there's a difference between the two, besides flavor.

4 comments:

  1. What did the Chamomile and lavender taste like? Just wondering if it tasted soapy because of the lavender... Chamomile and vanilla sounds lovely, let us know how that works :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the lavender has a lovely bite to it... not unlike the bite I've found using sage. I've actually used it in pancakes, cookies, jam, and pasta. :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Judy, I will try it. I was thinking it would be a good idea for when I am away; taking salts and oils is not always practical but tea bags are very travel-friendly. Also it was interesting what you said about the nightmares, I have nightmares quite often and if not, very vivid dreams, I always wake up tired.

      Delete
    3. Yes! I hate waking up tired all the time. Last week was different. I didn't feel so "fuzzy" headed. I'll be posting the chamomile and vanilla results next Friday. I'm thinking maybe the week after I'm going to try switching them from day to day.

      Funnily enough, it was my trips to L.A. that made me finally consider this. When I'm in L.A. I feel completely different. Granted, I have some awesome friends and I love every minute I'm there, but one of my friends is very particular about making sure I have tea. I finally thought that maybe I could create the same feeling, a little bit anyway, by doing some of the same things.

      Delete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...