Thursday, June 14, 2012

Week Fifty-One of REAL...


Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S: http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. This week, I increased my reps by 10%, up to 33.

The 8th: weigh in: 232 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

The 9th: weigh in: 231 lb. Two-mile walk. Physical therapy, with two-pound weights. Go me.

The 10th: weigh in: 231 lb. Slept 10 hours.

The 11th: weigh in: 231.8 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. I'm slowing down my reps. Wow... tough. Keeping it up.

The 12th: weigh in: 231.8 lb. I'm actually not particularly unhappy about this weight. It isn't where I want to stay, but though it isn't moving, my walking capris are much looser. How my clothes fit matters more. One-mile walk. Physical therapy.

The 13th: weigh in: 233 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

The 14th: weigh in: 232.4 lb. Waist circumference: 39". One-mile walk. Physical therapy with two-pound weights. Doesn't look like much as changed, but I know my clothes are looser. I also admit I'm still trying to convince myself I don't need to hide behind my weight. Old habits die hard.

Is it a matter of trust? Not my strong suit. God excels at making weaknesses strengths. Oh. Laying it in His hands, and doing whatever I'm able to do my part.

Inspiration, at least to me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...