Friday, May 24, 2013

Food adventures... trials...

I want to go back to how I was eating a couple months ago. I ate only as much as I wanted, sparingly, never so much I wanted to burst... sounds yucky. Anyway, I don't know how to get back into that routine.

Some days I didn't binge. Some days I did.

My eating is still all messed up, and it's really frustrating.

I have finally found a way to celebrate a book release day without making it about food, and it's truly a reward for me. I allow myself to read whatever I want all day. No pressure to do anything else. I did it this week and was ready to go back to work on the next day.

Yes, release days are stressful. Will people buy the book? Will they like it? What if something happens? Even so, I still ate too many chocolate cupcakes. However, I think the cupcakes were related to all the other insanity going on in my life.

Thursday wasn't great, but it was the best day so far this week.

Sleeping doesn't appear to make any difference regarding my eating habits. It does make a difference in my ability to think clearly. A habit to cultivate.

A new week, a new chance to take care of me in healthy ways.

2 comments:

  1. Ah Judy, I can't help you with the release of the book..Congratulations...but I am on the same journey as you to cut my portions and to eat well enough to lose my extra loads of weight and get my health back. What I am doing now is using small plate, or a mug for soup which I make, and so forth. Only one plate or mug in 3 hours, then I can decide if I need more to eat like another meal or a snack. It seems to be working for me this time. I am keeping all 'bad foods' out of the house or at least out of my sight. I watched a YouTube about how much effect solid food with water or just soup has on your stomach and feeling full. The amazing thing is they took two identical plates of food. One plate someone ate and also drank a cup of water. The other plate another person drank (after the plate of food was put into a blender along with the cup of water) and to the surprise of the Food Scientist, the person who drank their food in soup stayed fuller up to an hour longer~ So I am going to really pump up the soup now! Hope these ideas help you!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy! I never thought of sharing pictures of my place settings. I collect them. I do notice a difference when I use them, making a meal a little more fun.

      Delete

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...