Saturday, May 25, 2013

My Heroes... Robert Morris...

Robert Morris' father came to America first to establish himself in trade and then sent for his family. Young Robert arrived in America when he was thirteen and was put into school. By the time he was fifteen, he was an apprentice for a business associate of his father's. He pursued and became successful. More importantly, his honor grew along with his wealth. He support the cause of American Freedom from the start, solidifying his support after the Battle of Lexington. His good name earned him the trust to place him as Secretary of the Treasury. According to Lives of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence, the Revolutionary's war success, financially speaking, was due solely to Mr. Morris and his ability to raise funds. He willing committed his own funds to the cause. He asked no more of anyone else than he did himself.

A good name, in other words Honor. I'm not always as good as my word as I know I should be. It's something I've worked hard to learn and implement in my life. I'm lousy with money, but I'm still trying. I'm always amazed by how early these men started working. Honest work and all with an eye for the future.

2 comments:

  1. Good Post~ This is why testimonies and life stories are so important to pass down to us! Thanks for sharing, Judy~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm really enjoying reading about these amazing men. I'm reading about the wives next. :-)

      Delete

Exactly