Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I'm discouraged...

...but not for long.

It's the end of the month, so I measured. I haven't changed.

So, now I'm taking Kathy's very good advice: Measure your weight loss by how your clothes fit.

Many of my clothes used to fit me snugly. Not anymore.

Add to that: My workouts are easier, and not because I reduced them. I've added to them. I am able to walk more, cook more, work in the yard longer.

I've been thinking, that maybe part of the trouble of late is that I haven't been as careful about my sleep patterns. I've stayed up too late more often this past month than the previous month.

My exercise is improving. My eating is improving. My sleep is improving.

Good for me. Good for me. Good for me.

I went grocery shopping, yesterday morning. There was a shopping cart full of day-old products at a reduced price, cakes, bread, donuts. Lots and lots of donuts. I looked at it and decided I'd rather be healthy. There are also other treats I like better. Why waste even a dollar on something that I think is okay? I didn't feel sorry for myself for saying, "no." I didn't even feel deprived.

Go me!!

2 comments:

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...