Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Seeing the Whole Picture...

I can no longer pretend like weight loss is not a part of this...

Okay, I can no longer pretend like the scale is not a part of my effort to become healthier.

I've been praying for God to reveal the truth. I need to do my part.

Sunday, I stepped on the scale for the first time in 6 months.

The last time I weighed, in November, I was 235.4 lb.

Sunday, I was 237 lb.

But my clothes fit differently! (read with whiney voice)

Shoot.

Wait!

I've reduced a total of 2" so far. My clothes fit differently.

Interesting.

Little by little, God is teaching me the importance of looking at the Whole Picture.

My weight is a great mini snapshot of my life. It makes sense. Really. At least to me. That might not be helpful to anyone else. Sorry about that.

I am eating healthier. I am exercising more. I still have a tough time with sleep, but I am doing better.

Overall, I feel better. I'm able to do more. I know in my head muscle weighs more. Okay. I can live with that. I also know my hormones have been out of whack, which usually means weight gain, as much as five pounds. But I vary by five pounds on a regular basis anyway, so it really isn't a comforting thought. Simply the truth. Okay. I can live with that, too.

Taking the snapshot to the Whole Picture: I am learning better habits, i.e., improving routines, managing my time better, writing more and more consistently and better, working better. I'm taking better care of me, choosing things I truly want and not settling for okay so much. My room isn't as cluttered. Really! Stop snickering. Fine! I can tell the difference! This is about me, so that's really all that matters. I'm exploring more options in my life instead of clinging to the safety of what's familiar.

I am healthier because I'm learning how to take care of me. Part of taking care of me is being honest with myself WITHOUT beating myself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...